Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '73 Powerwagon brake system questions

Hi all!

I have a '73 Dodge W100 Powerwagon with a slant 6, Np435 that has a 4 wheel drum set up with power brakes. I put a cab and box from a '79 D150 on it. It had a disc / drum setup. My question is do I go with the original master cylinder/brake booster setup off of the '73( it has a 4 bolt master cylinder and a 4 bolt brake booster) or use a later one? BTW, there is a '77 W200 in a local yard that has a front disc/ rear drum set up on it now. It's a military version and it has the silicone brake fluid tags on it. Would something like this work as well or is this totally different ? It is a 2 bolt master cylinder with a 4 bolt booster.Too bad it's there

Thanks in advance! Kevin

l,d either up grade the front from drum to disc or just put the old master and booster back on

Comment

Disc brake conversion...'73 powerwagon

Hello again!

What exactly do I have to pull off ...there was a '75 1/2 at a local yard with a front disc brake setup. Also, what is the quickest way to pull the stuff off ?

Thanks, Kevin

Comment

Never done this and the only drum I own is the '61 but, the drum & disc will require different line pressures. I'd use the disc master cylinder and make sure there isn't an in-line valve too that proportions the pressure from front axle to back. Need to make sure the axle ratios are the same too. Good luck,
        1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
        1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
        1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
        2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Working...
        X