80-84 same window??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80-84 same window??

Are the back windows the same from an 84 to an 80?

I'm tempted to say the glass is same 72-93, but I'm not 100% sure.

Bucky

Comment

I am sure that the back windows are the same for 72-93 because I was looking at sliding rear windows and that's how they are listed
      DB69

Comment

Originally posted by DB69 View Post
        I am sure that the back windows are the same for 72-93 because I was looking at sliding rear windows and that's how they are listed
        DB69
        YES and NO / they changed the DOT standard in 1980 / this applies to winshields and not back glass as far as l know / the side glass changed and probly also the back glass / the 1972 to 1979 WS interchange with the 1980 to 1993 trucks if you use the gasket of the year of the glass / the 1972 to 1979 glass is THINNER than the 1980 to 1993 glass / as far as a SLIDER go,s it would not matter because it fits in the same hole

so basically the 1980 glass will fit the 1984 as long as somebody has not put an old glass in the 1980 and then you would need a different gasket

Comment

Thanks guys, a friend of mine works for a dodge dealer and can get OEM parts for dodge and jeep. He was telling me they have a wharehouse of vintage parts and he can get me a sliding rear window in clear, smoke, or (whatever the darker one was) but its $280

Comment

Working...
          X