77 1 Ton Wheel flares/fenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 77 1 Ton Wheel flares/fenders

I have been looking for dually wheel fenders/flares for a 77 8’ box. I have found several images of 1st gen Ram 1 Tons with them but none for the 77's.

Was the 1 Ton dual tire axle box offered in 77 or were they all sold cab and chassis?

I have a set of step side fenders available and have considered using them. If I can’t get the look I’m shooting for I will have to fab up a set.

The dually "bed" (sweptline variety) was introduced in 77 or 78, most all were 2wd. Before that (72-76) I think you're right in dually's being cab-chassis.

81-93 version (rectangular tail lenses) of the dually sweptline bed was more common.

All these were 8ft.

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by 712edf View Post
      The dually "bed" (sweptline variety) was introduced in 77 or 78, most all were 2wd. Before that (72-76) I think you're right in dually's being cab-chassis.

81-93 version (rectangular tail lenses) of the dually sweptline bed was more common.

All these were 8ft.

Bucky
      MOST dually,s of this year were either dumps or stake bodys and they didnt use the sweptline body

Comment

77 dually bed

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1977-...=p4506.c0.m245 Here's one on ebay, but I don't think he's parting it out.

bucky

Comment

Dad had a '70s dually parts truck. Now its just the bed, or whats left of it. The fenders look like that one for auction. They were fiberglass.
          1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
          1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
          1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
          2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Thanks for the heads up 712edf, thats exactly what I'm looking for. Tracking them down is another story.

Comment

You trying to find new or used?

Hey 712edf - I'm heading your way next month with a group of cattlemen. Whats the weather usually like in early November?
              1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
              1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
              1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
              2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

New or Used

KRB64, Either way works for me. At some point in time I will need them. My goal is to have the 1 Ton 4X4 drive train under the truck by late spring - summer 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by KRB64 View Post
                  You trying to find new or used?

Hey 712edf - I'm heading your way next month with a group of cattlemen. Whats the weather usually like in early November?
                  Depends on what part of Tx your refering to. In Wichita Falls we usually get our first freeze in early November, but daytime highs can be as high as 80's or just 50's, low's can run from 30's to 50's..It all depends cold fronts which seem to come through on a weekly basis starting about now and continueing through March.

If you are worried about snow/ice travel, Wichita Falls usually only has 3-8 days of dangerous travel weather per season, mostly from late December through mid February. Travel in November should not be a problem.

Now about the rest of Texas....Amarillo & Dalhart are the cold spots. Anything south of I-20 is very seldom freezing for more than a few hrs a day and anything south of I-10 is moderate (temperature wise).

The further south and/or east you go the wetter it gets. West is windier, which could be a hassle pulling a trailer.

To recap....Bring a good coat/hat but be ready to shuck it. Watch what the cold fronts from the north are doing days prior to your trip.

ALSO BE WARNED OF A NEW STATE LAW! All occupants must wear a seat belt, even in the back seat, plus kids under a certain age/height/weight must be in a special car seat.

El Paso is so far away that folks in Arizona probably know moreabout it than a Texan would.

Bucky

Comment

Working...
                  X