window compatibility questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• window compatibility questions

Iv got a 76 W200 i need to replace the passenger side window & the windshield. Wondering what years would be compatible? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx ,Kyle

Well there's a thread about the rear window that may have your answer. I do know that while the side glass may be the same proportion over the years, the way the regular mounts to the glass isn't always the same. A 72 mounts different than a 78 based on my past experience.

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by 712edf View Post
      Well there's a thread about the rear window that may have your answer. I do know that while the side glass may be the same proportion over the years, the way the regular mounts to the glass isn't always the same. A 72 mounts different than a 78 based on my past experience.

Bucky
      Thx for the help so what i got from the thread on the back glass is that a 72-79 WS will work and the 80-93 WS will work as long as use the gasket for the 80-93 glass. As for the side window 72-93 is the same proportion? and if so just gotta make sure the regular mounts are the same?

Comment

Sounds like you got it! On the side glass I'd be sure and get the regulator/crank assembly with the glass just to be safe.

Bucky

Comment

Thx for the help greatly appreciated. and pulling the regulator/crank assembly with the glass just to be safe. is a good tip.Though if i go to a junk yard id most likely pull the whole door.

Comment

Working...
          X