1991 D150 318 with auto trans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 D150 318 with auto trans

I have a chance of buying a 1991 D150 with 61,000 miles on it for A really great price, and is a one owner garage kept its whole life
    I'm just curious as to how many on here have a truck of that vintage.
    I was kinda looking for a power wagon but this is a really great buy and the air conditioner blows cold air!

Tom, I had a 90 W250 with a Cummins that had over 250K on it when we sold it. The Getrag 5 speed took a dump but never had a problem with the truck. Any chance you can define "really great price"? Does it have limited slip by chance?

Comment

I have a 91 also, but it's a diesel.
      What tranny does it have? They came with two choices- the 727 and the A518 which is the OD version. I had the A518 in my Dakota rebuilt at 150K. Those miles were hard as I bought it wrecked from a teenager and he got it from a construction company.
      I haven't touched the engine in it. Well, I dropped the pan when I first got it just to make sure. I have over 200K on it now.
      Good find.

Comment

Ron,
        You need to buy that. It is the exact truck you need to do a power brake, and a power steering conversion, on any W100 or W200 Power Giant truck.
        That is the same model we used for the parts, to do those conversions on my 58 PG.
        Jeff

Comment

91 D150 318 with auto trans

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
          Tom, I had a 90 W250 with a Cummins that had over 250K on it when we sold it. The Getrag 5 speed took a dump but never had a problem with the truck. Any chance you can define "really great price"? Does it have limited slip by chance?
          I bought the truck today and will pick it up Monday
          It has 61,315 miles on it and doesn't have a limited slip rear end in it but does have a K&N air filter, factory alloy wheels and the 727 tranny and 5 Michelin's on it, Interior is mint, has factory air that works great and a bedliner, Chrome bumpers and a Reese hitch and trailer brakes like my 83 D150 has, also an am/fm radio white with a red deluxe interior
          will post pics next week

Comment

Way to go Tom sounds like your scored big time. Look forward to seeing the pics. Enjoy.

Comment

Working...
            X