Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

issues...first one to solve this gets good karma...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• issues...first one to solve this gets good karma...

my truck has something new thats wrong. kinda. when i step on the gas it will seem like it wants to stall and it has issues getting up to speed. when its at idle it wont stall and i can rev the engine. but when there is a load on the engine it does this. thinking the fuel pump? filter has been changed. idk what else it could be. any ideas.

1979 360 carb.

Possibly a carb problem. Trash in it, sticking needle/seat, float, accelerator pump. Bad carb & bad fuel pump share alot of the same sympthoms.

Bucky

Comment

ONLY UNDER LOAD / l,d say a DIST problem / vacuum advance hooked up wrong / weak or broken advance springs

Comment

Does OK at idle & without load so you can rule out the accelerator pump.

Could be a weak fuel pump, leaky float or sticking needle. Could also be elctrical...
        1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
        1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
        1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
        2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

i know there is so many things it could be. i ended up taking it to a shop and he was saying that the carb was just a little to old and was breaking and sticking on me. so i hope that ends it. i was originally thinking distributor problem. but the timing checked out perfect. so idk. ill let you know.

Comment

Where are you located? Perhaps someone in the know can take a look in person and give you some advice.

Comment

Working...
            X