1978 dodge w200 4x4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1978 dodge w200 4x4

im new to this my concerns are that this 1978 4x4 dodge w200 3/4 ton truck extended cab. is what size of tires can i put on it. i bought steel wheels 16x8. i want to carry a 2600 pound slide in camper (truck camper lance) can this baby carry it and how big of tire can i put under her. she is automatic. any info would help me. she also has a 400 engine.

I test fit a set of 34.5" Goodyear OZ tires off a Hummer a few months ago and they just rubbed on the front fenders. Turning radius wasn't effected. I'm debating whether to just trim the metal or lift the truck. Mine sees massive loads or trailer pulls once in a while and very rarely sees any dirt save for my backyard so suspension travel isn't important to me. I would say carrying a camper don't go over 31" and be sure you've got a good load rating; D is good, E is better.

Comment

1978 w200 dodge

thinking of putting 235/85/16 km2 tires on it. and also firestone air bags, if you can think of any other tire size let me know thanks for your help.

Comment

235 85 16s are about the same size as 7.50 16s, which is probably what it cam with. You could probably also go with 245 75 16s.

Comment

Apparently you're not expecting to put 40's on with no lift. I had LT265/75-16's on my last Dodge, no lift, approximately 31" diameter. I've seen 285/75 and 255/85 size tires on various W200s also.

Comment

Originally posted by rockyford708 View Post
            thinking of putting 235/85/16 km2 tires on it. and also firestone air bags, if you can think of any other tire size let me know thanks for your help.
            thats the exact size tire you want if your gonna carry any wieght and inj a E-load range

Comment

Working...
            X