1977 M880 w200 Pulls to the right.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1977 M880 w200 Pulls to the right.

I have just replaced all front bearings. The truck now pulls to the right. When I jack up the front end, put the transfer case in neutral and spin the wheels, the right side spins more freely than the left - so it doesn't make sense that the bearing pre-load would be affecting it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Did this just start with the new bearings? Does it pull immediatly or after driven a short distance? While I don't think you could have inadvertly altered the alignment of the suspension, I guess there's a slight chance that something didn't go back exactly the same in the disc brake area. Sometimes these things don't show up while spinning by hand, but do when driven due to heat build up. That's not likely though.

Also what's going on with the differential. If two people spin both wheels at the same time (same direction) is the one still easier than the other.

I haven't dealt much with those particular axles, mine are all 60's.

Also I'd recheck your pre-load again.

Bucky

Comment

yup another 1 post wonder / they post a question and then you wonder were the heck they went

Comment

Originally posted by DODGEBOYS View Post
        yup another 1 post wonder / they post a question and then you wonder were the heck they went
        My question was answered - thanks 712edf. Now I'm a 2 post wonder.

Comment

truck pulls to the left..

1977 dodge M880,

It pulls to the left, the faster you go the harder it wants to pull. checked tire pressure and made sure the caliper moves freely.I also cracked open the bleaders, right side started to flow immediatly, left side started to drip then flow. both front wheels seem to have the same amount of heat after a short drive. ( 5 miles )

what are all the things that can cause this condition?

Comment

Working...
          X