1978 power wagon wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1978 power wagon wont start

1978 dodge power wagon 318 4 speed. wont start with the key, but it will turn over with the starter relay.does the 4 speed have a safety switch on it?

no a standard tranny dont have a neutral safety switch / just a switch for the reverse lights / if you email me l,ll send you the wiring diagrams / dont forget to include ALL your truck info because l do forget

Comment

not sure if this is the same problem but i have a 76 and my nephew has a 75 and we both had the same problem, it ended up being a bad key switch!! i could be wrong on your problem thou

Comment

thanks dodgeboy for the help, try the to email you but it wouldnt go thru.the truck is a 78 power wagon stepside with a 318 4 speed. it used to be a park ranger truck so it dont have many options. the old truck will run great if u jump the starter relay.but not with the key. i took the dash apart n the instrument panel has melted around the amp gauge. so it looks like i got to find a new instrument panel

Comment

Originally posted by dakv8 View Post
          thanks dodgeboy for the help, try the to email you but it wouldnt go thru.the truck is a 78 power wagon stepside with a 318 4 speed. it used to be a park ranger truck so it dont have many options. the old truck will run great if u jump the starter relay.but not with the key. i took the dash apart n the instrument panel has melted around the amp gauge. so it looks like i got to find a new instrument panel
          You can bypass this amp gauge or go to a voltage gauge. The factory amp gauge has been the source of alot of fires/melting of harnesses. Others will tell you the best route to go. The worst route may be to just leave it alone.

Bucky

Comment

I found my problem today. It was the ground for the starter relay. now im gonna do the amp gauge upgrade,i dont want no more wiring issues! this truck run to good to burn up,thanks to all for the warnings n the help

Comment

Working...
            X