Curb Weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curb Weight

I have been looking all morning for the curb weight of my 77 D200 Club Cab (400 cid). I didn't find it in my service manual or on line.
    It looks like I will need a new torque converter for my 727 when the rebuilt 400 is in place. Any info on what my truck weighs will be greatly appreciated.

Q Jo,

I scanned the page at home for you. I brought the file to work to post and realized it scanned it at 25MB. HUGE! I then reduced it and split the page in two so I could post it but... Its a tiff file and this site won't accept them. I am having issues figuring out my new scanner. I will try again later or if you give me your trucks GVW rating I can give you the curb weight.

Comment

Thanks OLD DODGE,
      I made an educated guess at 6200. Any info you have will help.

Comment

Not even close. Your truck weighs 4,500 lbs. or less. My Air Force '78 D200 Crew Cab weighs 4,440 lbs. with a half tank of fuel. It has a 360 4 barrel engine, 727, and P/S, P/B, and rear heater, but no A/C. It does have a class 4 receiver hitch with wiring and trailer brake controller, which adds some weight.

Comment

I would guess at 4000 to 5000 also. My 70 D200 crosses the scale at the crusher at a bit over 6600 lbs with a 2000 lb trailer and a bunch of tools.

Comment

I went a couple rounds with the scanner, but eventually was able to get it scanned right. Here you go.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks OLD DODGE.
              Now I know why 6200 was floating around in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by USN78W150 View Post
                Not even close. Your truck weighs 4,500 lbs. or less. My Air Force '78 D200 Crew Cab weighs 4,440 lbs. with a half tank of fuel. It has a 360 4 barrel engine, 727, and P/S, P/B, and rear heater, but no A/C. It does have a class 4 receiver hitch with wiring and trailer brake controller, which adds some weight.

your reading the tag wrong the 4,440 your toting is your front end CAP
                my 1985 1 ton Crew is 8610 LBs and my 1985 RC wieghs 7200 LBs [ steel bumpers-rock sliders -winch- roll cage - spare parts- 35 Boggers and two people

a two wheel drive slant six auto short bed is 4500 LBS

Comment

Originally posted by DODGEBOYS View Post
                  your reading the tag wrong the 4,440 your toting is your front end CAP
                  my 1985 1 ton Crew is 8610 LBs and my 1985 RC wieghs 7200 LBs [ steel bumpers-rock sliders -winch- roll cage - spare parts- 35 Boggers and two people

a two wheel drive slant six auto short bed is 4500 LBS
                  You are reading the GVW weight on the tags. Gross Vehicle Weight is the maximum safe weight of the vehicle, including passengers, cargo, added equipment, etc. In other words with a FULL (maximum safe) load. My truck weighs 4,440 lbs. on a scale. Weigh your Crew Cab on a scale, and you will see what I mean. Net weight is what the vehicle actually weighs. My truck's GVW is 8,100 lbs., giving it a cargo carrying capacity of 3,660 lbs. Please see the chart above provided by OLD DODGE.

Comment

Working...
                  X