Carter BBD adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carter BBD adjustment

Can someone post a link that describes the exact procedure ( step by step ) for making all the adjustments on the carter ( 1977 - 318 )

Also I need to know what the trick is to get to the hold down bolt for the Dist.

Many Thanks,

Originally posted by n1265 View Post
    Also I need to know what the trick is to get to the hold down bolt for the Dist.
    You need to go to the auto parts store and ask for a distributor wrench. Its an irregularly shaped wrench that will do the task at hand. They usually come in two different sizes (1/2 and 9/16?). I believe yours would be the smaller of the two. Buy them both and you'll be set for life.

Comment

Can someone post a link that describes the exact procedure ( step by step ) for making all the adjustments on the carter ( 1977 - 318 )

Many Thanks,
      your askin for info that can only be had in a FSM

l,d get the double ended wrench that has both sizes on it
      Last edited by DODGEBOYS; 11-19-2009, 01:43 PM. Reason: spellin

Comment

I have a double end dist. wrench like the one you describe, But I can't seem to get enough room to swing it with the firewall and vaccume advance in the way. do they make one expecially for the dodges ?

What is a FSM ?

Comment

Factory Service Manual.

A torch and a vise can be used to "make" a custom distributor wrench.

Bucky

Comment

I have a double end dist. wrench like the one you describe, But I can't seem to get enough room to swing it with the firewall and vaccume advance in the way. do they make one expecially for the dodges ?

The single end ones are short on the wrench end and long on the handle end. They work perfect on small block Chrysler engines.

Comment

Working...
            X