Fuel sending unit source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel sending unit source?

The fuel gauge is not working on my 76 W200. Grounding out the terminal that goes to the sending unit gives a "full" reading on the gauge. I presume it's the sending unit. Where is a good source for a new sending unit? Haven't found anything with a search yet.
    Thanks for your help,
    David

Got one from local Mopar Dealer last year for $105. Took three days for them to get one in.

Comment

You may have to go universal if all else fails. Autometer has a number of universal sending units adjustable for pretty much all stock applications. You need to know the resistance range of the stock sender and then choose the one that closest fits that range. Jegs, Partswareshouse, rock auto all carry them. Anywhere from $40-60. I used one of these in a friend's truck and it worked fine. If you call the Jegs or Summit tech line they should have more info on choosing the correct unit.

Comment

Thanks guys..........I didn't even think about the dealer. Our local Mopar dealer went down with Chrysler. Too bad, I grew up with Hershberger Motors. If the dealer can't supply one then I'll go with the Autometer universal.
        David

Comment

Here is link to page selling sending unit for $150.

http://www.mopartruckparts.com/group-00.html

I've bought from him before with no problems.

Mark

Comment

Working...
          X