1990 Power Ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 Power Ram

I purchased a 1990 W150 Power Ram, VIN 1B7HM16Y3LS------. The story is this. The person took the transmission out to take it to a shop. the shop closed and the trans was lost. the person claims it was an automatic with overdrive. I see no indication on the shift gage of overdrive. How do I know what trans this truck should have?
    Thanks for your help.
    Ben

I really can not say what trans. it should have. I am sure someone else will be able to answer this question. However, the simple and sure way to find out, is to ask this question at a good independent transmission shop. I am not talking about one of the ripoff national chain shops, but a good local shop with a good reputation.

Comment

1990 OD automatic

A 1990 W150 would have the 4 speed (regular 3 with OD) auto. The overdrive and converter lockup are electronic and controlled by the ECM, so there is no indicator on the shifter. There is an override button on the dash to lock the OD out but in normal driving the ECM does the selection.

I never had one with a 360 in it but the 318 came with the 500 and it's possible the 360 had the 518. Any Chrysler dealer can tell you exactly which was in it if you give them the VIN.

Hope this helps.

Dennis

Comment

Transmission

The seller lied to me. The truck has a 318 V8. What years and models can I get an A500 for 4wd out of?
        thanks,
        Ben

Comment

A500

Can't help you much with an interchange other than to say that my 90 W150 with the 318 and my early 93 318 Grand Cherokee (they changed mid year 93) both had the A500 so it's a good bet that most Chrysler products 90 - early 93 with the 318 would be a match. Look at the electrical plug behind the shift linkage and the linkage connection itself and if they if they match you should be good to go.

As Jeff said any good trans shop or a Chrysler dealer can tell you a lot more and it will probably be more accurate than my guess's.

Dennis

Comment

Working...
          X