electronic ignition box on firewall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electronic ignition box on firewall

I have been having trouble with my 83 D150 Royal with issues of it running as it should. It will start ok and then I will be driving it and it will die without warning and will start again after sitting for 20-30 minutes.
    A friend said that the module box on the cowl is bad and I will want to replace it with the correct Mopar part, am just wondering how expensive it is, does anyone have any idea? Since I have never had this problem before is it diificult to swap it out?
    Thanks in advance for help on this
    DB69

The ECU is rather easy to replace. Held onto the fenderwell or firewall by 2 bolts. The wiring harness is connected with a Philips head screw. 5 minute job. Costs $60-$75.

Get a spare ballast resistor while you are at it. Another $10-$15, and that may actually be your problem area anyways.

Bucky

Comment

I keep a spare ECU, regulator & ballast resistor in the truck - and have been very happy on several occasions that I do!

Doesn't the resistor just change voltage at starting though?
      Last edited by KRB64; 12-06-2009, 05:54 AM. Reason: pur spellin
      1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
      1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
      1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
      2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Originally posted by KRB64 View Post
        I keep a spare ECU, regulator & ballast resistor in the truck - and have been very happy on several occasions that I do!
        Same here!

Comment

Working...
        X