Tires / wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tires / wheels

I was given a set of 33 X 12.5 16.5 tires. It is recommended that wheel be min 8.25 wide.

I have 2 questions

Will a 33 X 12.5 tire fit without lift or cut in the rear on a D200?

How wide is a stock 16.5 wheel.

This information could save me some time and money.

Thanks

tires

Hello,
    I have a 74 W-200 with a 6" lift and BFG 35x12.5x16.5 tires. I have them on 12" wheels and have rubbed them in the front a few times while turning.
    The stock steel wheels that I have here are 9".
    I dont know if any of this helps you, but I think you will be tight with no lift.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up hemibob67. I found a thread on a RamCharger site and it looks like many are running 33 X 12.5 with no lift. I don't have My 79 W300 axles under the 77 Adventurer yet, so I will be running a smaller tire (10 - 16.5) on the front.

Comment

The stock wheels on my '77 M880 are 16x6.5 with a 3" offset. I had an '83 Ramcharger in my youth with 33x12.50's but I don't remember the rim size. I do remember that I had no rubbing problems with the 4" lift.

With respect to the D200 I would measure the distance from the center of the axle to the top of the wheel well opening. Then measure the distance from the axle to the bumper or snubber to get your upward wheel travel. Subtract one from the other and you have a basic idea of the maximum tire radius you can stuff under there with no rubbing. Keep in mind this doesn't work on the front due to steering components and turning angles but like I said it'll give you a basic idea.

(Distance from axle center to top of wheel well - upward wheel travel) x 2 = Maximum tire diameter.

Comment

Working...
        X