Cheap lift kit ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap lift kit ?

Is there an easy way to gain a couple inchs of lift in the front of a 78 1/2 ton or should a guy just buy a lift kit and be done? Im wondering about spring swaps or something. Thanks

I'd recommend a 2" to 4" suspension lift from Skyjacker,Superlift, Rough Country or Rancho. Get the system with the new springs, not the lifting blocks. If you keep it under 4" you aren't likely to run into all the issues with drivetrain angles & steering headaches that a taller lift has.

I wouldn't think a lift would be too pricey. Dodges (61-93) are the easiest and cheapest trucks to lift.

Bucky

Comment

Thanks

Comment

link to skyjacker's Dodge kits

http://www.skyjacker.com/products/pr..._submodel=BASE This should get you close.

Bucky

Comment

My Rough Country 4" lift came in last week. New front springs, 3" rear block, 4 Hydro-shocks and all hardware came in under $360. My '77 already has a 3" block in the rear (factory?? on the 1.25 ton trucks) so I ordered a Rough Country Add-a-leaf for $50. I also got new spring bushings for the rear from Energy Suspension for $20. Total came to $430. I picked up a set of 16.5x9.75" Stockton steelies on craigslist for $100 and a set of Hummer take offs 37" OZ Goodyears on ebay for $200. I'm on vacation this week so if the weather breaks on Sunday she's going up. I might end up doing some fancy cutting with the fenders not to mention rethinking the steering situation as Rough Country recommends a 33" max tire with the 4" kit but there's trucks out there running 35's with no problems. It's not my daily driver so if it's stuck in the yard for a few days with some engineering issues it's not a big deal.

Comment

Thanks all the info helps.

Comment

I have a 4" Rough Country suspension lift in my '92.
              John
              Attached Files

Comment

John That truck really looks nice !! Keep it out of the salt !!

Comment

Working...
                X