back spacing,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back spacing,

soo how much back spacing will I need for a 77 m880, 6 inch susp lift(full spring) running a 37"-40"X13.5-14.5 tire on a 16"-17"X 10 rim..

running dana 60 front and rear.

I'm actually putting the 37's on today as I SHOULD have the lift finished. I'll let you know if the 6" backspacing fits and/or what problems you might see.

Comment

******! thanks man

Comment

With 5.5" of backspacing I fit 37x12.50x16.5 with a 4" lift. The only cutting I had to do was 3" off the front of the front fenders right under the side markers. Keep in mind the only off road this truck will probably ever see is in my backyard so suspension travel is not on my to do list. She's a Home Depot runner and an occaisional bad weather ride. If you wanted to wheel her with 37's I'd actually look into an 8" full system to get the travel. The wheels don't rub anywhere on the springs or steering linkage. I'll know more next week when I bring her to the job. I'm going to do the old suspension travel test with the hi-lo. Then we'll see how limited I may actually be with this setup.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3038259

Comment

I am going to have to do some major cutting then.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/ak20047/dodge.jpg

Comment

I can think of ten uses for that crane that would really get me into trouble but alas...

You might try getting a set of 1 ton dually springs from a junkyard and try them under that rear end first. If that supports your equipment then you can start planning the lift. However, if you're planning on keeping that cherry picker I wouldn't lift the truck. You may end up wheelie-ing and hitting something. There's a thousand roads you could go down with respect to modding that truck.

Comment

I might do that later, my old man wants to buy it off me, not to sure yet. going to see how much it weighs first before I do anything with it. Family has been using it back home while im over in the box. the crane is rated for 6000lbs as it sits, it can raise an object 8 ft in the air and it rotates 360 degrees, and there are no frays in the cable, works perfect the old man says

have a hp 440 siting on a stand in my dads garage, hes putting all new seals in it. have heddmen headers and full 3" flowmasters waiting to get put on. and a additional 727, dana 60 front and rear, and a np 205. going to change out the front ends and take the 203 out and put the 60 and the 205 in. going to be nice to have a second rear end and tranny for wheelin. still need to buy a new carb. might bore it before I put it in, not sure yet. going to be a beast.

Comment

Working...
              X