Steering column

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering column

Well I have got a new problem with my 80 w100, I have about an inch of play (The play I am talking about is not side to side, picture grabbing hold of your wheel sitting in front of it and pulling it towards you in and out of the column) in my steering column and cant figure out why. I pulled the wheel off the other day to re center the steering wheel, I used a puller to take it off and when I put it back together I now have this shaft play and cant figure out why. Does anyone have a parts breakdown of the upper half of the steering column? I have found that every repair prior to me owning the truck has been done half *****. I am guessing that the column has been apart in the past because the ignition switch has been replaced the reason I know this is because the old one is in the glove box and the door key is different than the ignition key I am betting as with every other repair did they put something together wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Chilli

I would probably be easier to swap in another steering column. They come up here and there on EBay. You also might check at the for sale section at www.ramchargercentral.com

Comment

Working...
    X