trans problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trans problems

My 78 wagon is burning trans fluid with in 40 miles driving i want to swap to a manual trans. Is it worth the effort and is there anywhere that a kit is available?

going from a auto to a manual is usually tougher than a manual to an auto that fluid has to be going somewhere is it the tail seal or maybee the dipstick grommet

Comment

The 727 auto is one of the cheapest to have rebuilt (assuming its not just a seal that you can do yourself). Especially if you remove it yourself & take it to a transmission shop. Of course this is a much tougher chore on a 4x4.

Best bet on a manual tranny is to buy a whole donor truck. There's alot of little pieces to round up to make the swap. I hope you have a small block. Big block bellhousings are harder/pricier to find.

Bucky

Comment

were is it leaking

Comment

Well I just happen to have a big block truck. The trans is not having any problems the fluid level stays good but I can change it and drive a little way and check it and it is darker color and smells burnt.

Comment

Could my oil cooler be to small it is about a foot across and foot high.

Comment

Working...
            X