Suspesnion Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspesnion Question

Today was the first day I didn't have to work that we had good enough weather to get out and really go over the new power wagon now I did confirm it is a 360 at least the vin and the emissions sticker under the hood said it was, but what i saw under the front end kinda concerned me the front end is nearly on the snubbers that can't be normal now being leaf sprung replacing the springs should be easy so is it just the springs are old and dearched or is something else going on I need to get taken care of and as far as greasing the bearings in the front I can't find the original thread I read that explained how to find the fitting btw it is a dana 44 under a 79 W150

I think there's a hole in the hub that you look through while turning it until you see the grease zerk thats inside/under the hub.

Yep just sagging springs. Get new eye bushings too.(3 per spring)

Comment

Originally posted by Daewoo10356 View Post
      ... as far as greasing the bearings in the front I can't find the original thread I read that explained how to find the fitting btw it is a dana 44 under a 79 W150
      Remove wheel, rotate hub while looking through the hole (only hole there), zerk is usually around 11:00 I think. Maybe 2:00 on other side I can't really remember. Don't try and grease the hub bolt heads in there...
      1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
      1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
      1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
      2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Some of these trucks had pretty flat springs from the factory

Comment

Mine are pretty flat as well. How much space do you have until the bumpers?
          David

Comment

i would say less than an inch but may have had something to do with all the ice and snow on the truck I got tomorrow off I am gonna look at it again. What irony back in the day I used to want dearched springs to lower my s-10 now I am looking for lift.

Comment

got out today and looked again and the front springs definitely need replaced only about an inch of clearance to the bump stops, no biggie though I planned on spending some money on the truck might even go for a little lift to clear some bigger tires

Comment

Working...
              X