My 1976 Powerwagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1976 Powerwagon

Hey all, great site, glad I stumbled across it. Here are a few pics of my 1976 Powerwagon, running a mild 440 with a 727 trans, transfercase is out of a 2001 ram and has shift on the fly 4wd, axles are original manual locking dana 44 front 4.09 and dana 60 4.10 rear with limited slip. Absolutely love it, stands out nicely among all the newer lifted diesels runnin around...

May just be me but your pics aint working

Comment

I only see 2 red X's

bucky

Comment

2 red Xs for me too

Comment

pics

Me thinks most of us have to post pics on photo bucket, then copy the url or shortcut to your post[right click on your pic]. That way there is less maintaince for this site. i think.
          Andyp
          http://s938.photobucket.com/albums/a...mer2009130.jpg
          like this !

Comment

Sorry, hopefully this works now...

Comment

Whoa! Nice truck! What size wheels and tires you got on there? I like the lift too, body or suspension? I may have a few more questions.....

Comment

nice truck / l wanna know how you got a LEFT-hand drop t-case in a RIGHT-hand drop truck

Comment

awesome truck, I've only found 1 for sale in Alta the last 3 mths, and missed it by a day.

Comment

Thanks for the compliments! I'll be honest I did not build this truck I bought it as you see it from a fellow in Tacoma WA that was moving south and couldn't take all his trucks with him. It is an older restoration, I would guess probably about 10 years old, but the truck was used very little in that time and mostly sat unused so it has required alot general maintenance to bring it back to daily driver status.

76wagon200,
                    the wheels are 20" w/ 35x12.5R20 Toyo Mud Terrains, they were literally brand new on the truck when I bought it, so far I really like the combo, gives great ride and handling on the hwy with very little tire noise. The lift is all suspension, 6" all skyjacker components (springs and steering components). Ask any questions you like, I nevermind talking powerwagons!

Dodgeboys,
                    I am honestly not sure what exactly is what underneath this truck. When I bought it the fellow I got it from said he bought it from some military guys from Ft. Lewis that built it on the base and they told him it had the axles and tcase from an 01 ram. But the more I learn about these trucks the more I am confused as to what is actually in there. I do know its a D60 rear and a D44 front, but I now believe the axles are original as the D44 has flat top knuckles (good for the crossover steering setup I'm putting together!) The tranny is a 727 3speed and the tcase is married and as you point out it is still a right hand drop which I guess means it is not from an 01 ram as I was told. That said it does appear to be newer than the transmission, so really I'm not too sure. It is part time 4x4, but I can shift it in and out of 4x4 (assuming the manual hubs are locked obviously) at hwy speeds, so it must be a new tcase? Any info you can share would be helpful!

Andyp,

I confess I was actually shopping for a 73-87 crew cab chevy when I discovered that these dodges were made in crew cab format... I love old mopar muscle cars and when I saw the ad for this truck I nearly flipped... called the guy right away and drove 3 hours down to tacoma to make the deal. It didn't even run when I went to see it! I had to replace the ballast resistor and put a new pickup in the distributor to get it running and then drove the I5 back to BC with a scarily loose steering box!! Well worth it though, as these older crews are nearly impossible to find especially in such cherry condition. Im not going to say what I paid for it, but lets just say I got very lucky that the seller was in a time crunch as he was moving in 2 weeks and the economy is pretty poor in Washington right now! I paid roughtly what the wheels and tires cost new from les schwab!

Comment

Working...
                    X