front hub question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front hub question

Ok finally today I was off and no snow falling and no snow on the ground so I decided to pull the front wheels off of the power wagon and look into greasing the bearings, dana 44 with ftfwd. Anyway the passenger side was no problem got the wheel off found the fitting and put some grease in that bad boy anyway the drivers side the fitting is pointing nearly straight down making it impossible to get the grease gun on the fitting I just wanna know how much is involved in pulling the hub off to correct that fitting?

Not a problem if you have the socket to fit in that little hole and access those bolts. You sure that zerk is angled? I thought they were all straight?
    1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
    1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
    1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
    2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

it looks as if it is a ninety degree zerk that is about a quarter turn down pointimg it down so that i caan not get the gun on it and btw i am making this post on my new kindle

Comment

1/4" drive socket? Can you get in there and un-screw it and put in a grease zerk that sticks straight out?

Comment

Can't imagine why anything other than a straight one would be in there.

Do you have the skinney little socket that fits in there?

What in the world in a kindle?

Where in OK are you? I got a speeding ticket in Yukon back in November coming back from the panhandle...
          2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

an amazon kindle you can surf the internet on it as well as read books now i do have some deep thin wall sockets not sure if I have one that will fit it. If I get Friday off like I was told I will get the tire back off and check it again and make sure. We are in central Oklahoma just east of OKC in a small town called McLoud

Comment

If memory serves its a special socket. I'll check later and see what size.
              2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

12 point 3/8 thin wall.
                2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

sweet now i got an excuse to buy some more tools since i got underneath it again on friday didn't get the whole day off but did have some time to play around with it looks like i am gonna have to pull the hub off of that side to get at that fitting

Comment

Working...
                  X