Build Sheet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build Sheet!

While searching for a dropped wrench, I discovered my bench seat still held the original build sheet for my truck. There's a big chunk missing from the lower right corner and it started to disintegrate when I tried to remove it but it's out. I have it in a plastic cover.

I noticed a couple of anomalies in the sheet compared with how I got the truck. The most noticeable is the wheel/tire combo. Obviously someone must have changed the rims as the sheet shows 16.5's from the factory but my truck has had 16's since we got it in the mid-'90's.

There's a code on the bottom for "GP 4032751 CRANKSHAF PU" then is cut off. Anyone know what this is?

The other question is another code for "HO WHLS SUPRESSION". Any ideas?

crankshaft pully?

just guessing

Comment

When we first got the truck it had a big quadruple pulley to drive the two DC generators that powered the radios. I completely missed that. Cool.

Comment

All M880 series trucks came with an extra crankshaft pulley and this is what you see on the build sheet.

The M882 also came from Dodge with a suppression system to eliminate motor interference with the radios. I have no clue what " HO WHLS " means but I figure it is the radio suppression system...

1-11. Radio Interference. a. Some M880-series vehicles have military radio suppres-
        NOTE
        The M880, M886, M890, and M893 trucks
        are not equipped with military standard
        electro-magnetic interference components,
        although they do contain commercial
        standard SAE suppression componentry,
        They should not be operated within
        50 feet of a vehicle with communications
        equipment or any ground receiver/transmitter.
        The unsuppressed vehicles may
        interfere with operation of the communications
        equipment,
        sion componentry (table 1-3). The parts that are affected by
        this are:
        – Starter relay capacitor
        – Distributor cap
        – Distributor rotor
        – Spark plug shields
        – Ignition coil shield
        – Spark plug and ignition coil cables
        – Voltage limiter
        – Fender shields
        – Ground strap
        – Windshield wiper motor
        – Heater motor
        1-6 Change 2

Comment

All of these trucks did come from Dodge with 16.5 in. tires, However over the years fewer and fewer companies kept making them and in some places they became a pain to get, Now days many tire stores don't carry them in stock and they need to be ordered ( a big pain if you need one while on the road ) Also the bead is different on a 16 vs a 16.5 and they are considered by some to be a safer tire. Switching these trucks to a more common 16 in. size was done by many, including myself. Currently I am running P265-75-R 16s

Comment

Working...
          X