Finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally

Finally got use the power wagon like a truck. We just bought a mobile home so we needed to move a few non running cars around, save the redneck jokes I am and proud of it. Anyway needed to move an 89 Cheyenne and could either go start the tractor a 59 Ford 8n or jump the power wagon. I said you know what the power wagon is shorter and has brakes lets use it. Anyway backed up to the Cheyenne and run a chain to it pulled down into low and eased to a tight chain. And nothing not a problem pulled it like a champ never even had to get on the gas and Christy said she tried to stop me with the brakes on the Cheyenne a couple of times and nothing the power wagon just chugged on btw once again is a 79 W150 with a 360 and a 727.
    Last edited by Daewoo10356; 02-22-2010, 10:27 PM. Reason: speling

Roots dude

Yup u can drag chebbys all around, up & down all day like that easy.
    But I would get that tractor running and everything else that'll start around there 'cause- don't u know- when [not if] you get to off roading that dodge and get stuck "they grow roots dude"!
    My worst needed 2 chebbys and a wrecker to get me out once...Nobody could believe I got in that far...after that I was on speed dial to everyone in the county that was stuck somewhere impassible, so I did, piece of cake boyz.
    Lol,good times
    Andy

Comment

The reaon you needed 2 chebbies is because they can't come close to pulling what a Dodge can. I used to hear them refered to as "shove me" trucks.
      I am hoping to find a power wagon with a slant 6 and a 4 speed come spring
      DB69

Comment

This is gonna be a long one but a good one. Had another day off and the father in law was also off so we decided to finish up moving stuff we could. So the Cheyenne we pulled earlier with the pw we had enough downhill to get it into the car pen and pretty close to out of the way. Then another couple we could push with the bucket on the tractor and a couple old fridges and what not moved with the bucket. Finally Wade says you think that old dodge will pull my trailer across the creek and around to the back. I said lets hook it up and see. Now his trailer is a real nice 18 foot dovetailed carhauler and I am the one that usually has to maneuver it with his 2005 gmc ex cab 2 wd truck. Just a little backstory here the week before he got back there with the gmc and the trailer with a 56 chevy sedan body and got stuck all over the place so he was a little bit leary about getting back there again but he did have tires that hold air in the tractor and we got enough chain to pull from a hard spot if need be. So anyway the first victim was a Mercury tracer that we could maybe still use a few parts off of so Wade picks the front of the car up with a chain hooked to the bucket and I backed the trailer under it as far as I could, did I mention it was way easier getting that trailer were I needed it with a truck that wasn't 20 feet long. Anyway got the front on then held the brakes as the car was pushed up on the trailer, now we run the gauntlet nothing to bad crossed it multiple times but never pulling a trailer and the tires on the pw are mainly on there cause they hold air isn't much tread. So I drop her into low range and head down the hill once I hit the mud I realize four loc is in order but only got the truck out of the muck and then the trailer bogged down and it wasn't real firm on the other side so Wade got the bucket on the back of the trailer and gave me a small push. Jumped right out and backed the trailer right were he wanted to unload the car and then headed back up the hill to get the next victim. Alright the next victim was a first gen s-that my cousin rolled and was lucky to walk away from. Got the s-10 on the trailer and I was bound and determined not to need help getting across this time so I jammed her down in 4 loc and eased down the hill till about 50 yards before the crossing and just hammered it. Well anyway other than seeing daylight between the s-10 and the trailer when I bounced out of the hole went pretty smooth had to do some fancy stepping to get back out but no more pushes from the tractor. Ended up moving one more car a 67 Malibu that I had to be careful with Wade has about all the parts including buckets and a console to redo but it was going in the car pen so the no mud was involved. In conclusion it was a blast, need a receiver hitch for the power wagon Christy and I had to pick the tongue of the trailer up a couple inches to get it hooked up, the pw never overheated even though it was used hard and left idling when it wasn't pulling, and I gotta get the electrical system figured out so I can drive it more. Sorry for the long post I was fired up and had a blast muddin with a trailer. Oh Wade said he had some cash for gas money we said you might wanna take it and take the trailer to the car wash it was pretty much covered when we were done.

Comment

Working...
        X