No announcement yet.

what would i need to do a dana 60 swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what would i need to do a dana 60 swap?

i have a 89 dodge w250 with a dana 44 as a front axle and i would like to swap it out could any one who has already done this tell what i would need and or give me some tips thanks

A Dana 60 front 1975 thru 1993 will physically fit, but you need to take into consideration the various type of hub engagement methods. 75-80's had drive flanges for the fulltime t-case. After that I have seen internal selectable locking hubs, external selectable locking hubs & I have heard of CAD Dana 60's. Also bear in mind Dana 60 fronts from "dually" 1 tons are slightly different (at the hub) than those from 3/4 & SRW 1 tons.

Most likely the Dana 60 you'd want would come from a 89-93 Cummins equiped W250 truck.

The front driveshaft may have to be shortened due to yoke being farther from centerline of axle. 60's are bigger than 44"s.

Dana 60 front equipt trucks had more leafs in the spring pack & a slightly different master cylinder.

The Dana 60 from the GM/Chevy can be made to fit.

Bucky

Comment

thank you very much for your help

Comment

I'd advise staying away from the 89-90 front axles as I believe they are 307 ratio and actually dana 61s. These are harder to find parts for gear interchange purposes.

Comment

In response to tinner's post, I think he means the 89 thru early 91 diesel / automatic equipt'd trucks. You couldn't get 3.07's in any version on gas powered trucks. Doug

Comment

Yes, those are ones I was refering to, though I didn't know they went into the 91 model year. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Working...
            X