fuel tank capacity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel tank capacity

I would like to know the fuel capacity of the factory optional auxiliary tank that mounts behind the rear axle on a '77 W200. I do not have a shop manual to reference specs from. I know the frame mounted main tank is 20 gallons. Thanks in advance.

I would have thought your front tank is 30 gal. and I'm sure your aux. tank is 20 gal.

Comment

On the '77 the main tank is 20 gallons, the optional tank was 23 gallons.

Comment

1977 W200 Fuel Tanks

Standard Equipment- W200

20 gallon capacity.... frame mounted on 131"wb Conventional Cab and 149" wb Club Cab pickup models.

24 gallon capacity... mounted inside cab behind seat on 131"wb Conventional Chassis Cab, Stake & Platform models, and on all 149" wb Crew Cab models.

Optional Equipment- D and W series

Sales code HL9... 21 gallon capacity... frame mounted aft of the rear axle. For Club Cab models only. Not available with the underslung tire carrier.

Sales code HL4... 24 gallon capacity... mounted inside cab behind seat. For use on 8' Conventional or Crew Cab Sweptline pickup models. Not available with hinged-back bench seat.

I'm assuming you have a Club Cab and were inquiring about the optional 21 gallon tank. If you have a broadcast sheet or a fender/core support tag, you may see the HL9 sales code on there.

Comment

Thanks Kevin for posting that. I have a 78 W200 club cab long bed & I figured mine was a 20gal from the owners manual. I didn't know in-cab tanks were still around then.

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by 712edf View Post
            Thanks Kevin for posting that. I have a 78 W200 club cab long bed & I figured mine was a 20gal from the owners manual. I didn't know in-cab tanks were still around then.

Bucky
            You're welcome!

Comment

fuel tank capacity

Thanks to all for the information. I have recently purchased a former USAF '77 W200 M885 pickup. It has factory dual tanks, and factory additional 4 leaf rear helper spring pack. I have never seen the optional 4 leaf auxiliary spring option on a 3/4 ton truck, and believe it was only officially available as an option on the one ton models. I have seen the single leaf auxiliary spring option on some 3/4 ton trucks, but not on the M series. My main springs are the correct for 8,000 GVW 6 leaf spring.

Comment

Here are seven pages of M880 info for you if you haven't seen them already.

http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/v...0M880%20SPECS/

Comment

Working...
                X