out of uniform and in civilian clothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• out of uniform and in civilian clothing

Here are some before and after pics of the M-883. Now before you laugh, I will say this: I don't have time for several coats and wet sanding in between them. This is my work truck and I have very little time for things like paint. Therefore, I broke all painting rules while doing this. I used a Valspar industrial enamel that I picked up at an auction for $5/gallon. It was cold when I painted and it not only orange peeled, but it gave it (I think) a pretty neat texture to the paint. Instead of going back to white, I used Krylon Ivory White in rattle cans on the grille, bumpers and mirrors. That paint goes on very well and I use it alot. Eventually I'll put on an Ivory roof, to cut the heat down in the summer. There are many dents and dings all over the truck, many of which you may not see here. In fact, the passenger side has a heavy hit on the side of the bed, but like I say, it's a work truck. The color is really neat. When the light is low like at sunset, it looks just like Plum Crazy. Ok, NOW you can laugh! *smiles*
    Craig

Comment

Years ago I was intensely into Oldsmobiles. I had a 1966 442 with very low miles. It had a rare option package; ram air, three 2-bbl. carburetors, and the battery was mounted in the trunk from the factory. A beautiful car. It was so nice I was afraid to drive it anywhere.

Something I have always liked about old trucks is that you can use them and not worry about it. I have no trouble understanding what you did. It is a great looking truck and you will have a lot of fun with it, deriving a lot of utility from it. That is what they are for, as far as I am concerned. Good job, and thanks for sharing.
      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

I like the white grill. You have something not always seen on a Lifestyle series truck anymore, a tailgate!

Bucky

Comment

I love it just a truck, flip off if you don't understand trucks aren't meant to be used not looked at

Comment

I tend to be a utilitarian my self. FFF. Your truck looks fine and it has what is rarely seen up here in the NE. Body panels that don't pass light.

Comment

Ditto on what Gordon said. I recently acquired a 95 Ram, Cummins, 5-speed, 4x4. It has been a work truck all its life and beat on pretty hard but it still has a lot of life left in it. Eventual plans for the truck are a flat bed and black do-it-yourself bedliner for the entire truck.

Do you have any idea the huge number of people who will never experience or be able to comprehend the pleasures of driving a truck like that? I think I do.

Good job on yours. I get a real kick out of seeing an old Dodge go down the road. A lot of other people around here do also. There are a few similar to yours around here and not one of them is a beauty queen but all are good looking trucks. Except the one with a Chebby bed on it. That's going just a little too far.

I do know where there is a 73 W-300 that looks like new from the road. I've never seen that truck out on the road being driven. Shame.

Comment

Being from PA originally, you rarely see any truck from the 60's and most of the 70's as they are eat up and junked. Out here in the midwest, you see 60's trucks in great original shape on the road nearly everyday. So I was happy to find this truck even with the dents and dings, that way I wouldn't feel bad when I added more of them! Even the truck I'm junking out would have been gobbled up in a heartbeat back east.
                I too love seeing any old truck on the road, especially our old Dodge's.
                Speaking of seeing odd things, I saw a mid 90's Ford truck with bowties planted in the center of the grille and tailgate.
                Thanks for the comments guys!
                Craig

Comment

Craig,

Nice Truck! I originated from MO and ended up in Pa for 6 years, no offense, but was glad to get out, now I'm working my way back to MO.
                  I drive a DODGE, not a ram!

Thanks,
                  Will
                  WAWII.com

1946 WDX Power Wagon - "Missouri Mule"
                  1953 M37 - "Frankenstein"
                  1993 Jeep YJ - "Will Power"
                  1984 Dodge Ramcharger - "2014 Ramcharger"
                  2006 3500 DRW 4WD Mega Cab - "Power Wagon Hauler"

Comment

W A, where did you live in PA/MO? I'm from the Lycoming/Sullivan/Columbia County area (PA) and now am in the SW corner of MO near Joplin.
                    Craig

Comment

I was in Cumberland County, South of Carlisle Pa. I grew up in South East MO.

Thanks,
                      Will
                      WAWII.com

Comment

I've been up through your way a few times...pretty country there in PA. I have some good friends across the Miss. River in Dyersburg, TN. I'm not sure if if your were that close to TN or not.
                        Craig

Comment

Yea, we'd go cruse the street and hit the hot spots s in Dyersburg a few times. A long drive but a fin place.

PA was beautiful, but growing up in the Heart Land of the Country there was enough of a social difference we never really enjoyed living there. Still working out way back to MO though.

Thanks,
                          Will
                          WAWII.com

Comment

Working...
                          X