rearview mirror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rearview mirror

I ran into something quite rare today. I needed the rear view mirror rehung in my 91 Dodge Ram 150. Since it is rainy and nasty I figured to take it to the local glas shop a block away from my girl friends house. Job was done in 10 minutes and when I asked how much the guy says thanks and have a good day. No charge!
    Really nice people and it made my day. I am very fortunate indeed. I felt the need to share this with everyone. Amazing!
    DB69

pay it forward,give them the pickle

In customer service circles it's called "give them the pickle". Based on a story of a guy that goes to the same resturant often and when he asked a new waiter for an extra slice of pickle the waiter said he would have to pay extra. Customer tells him how long he has been coming to eat there and by choice could eat anywhere.
    Waiter goes to manager, manager explains to kid that every customer has a big mouth and a thousand friends, 'Give 'em the pickle !" It's not worth losing even 1 customer never mind a 1000.
    Also by no charge for your mirror, that guy was doing a good deed for Joe random. Now the Pay it forward is in your hands and you must do the same for someone without expecting any gain from it.
    makes ya feel all warm & fuzzy don't it...
    have fun

Comment

And when a rock flies up from a gravel truck into your windshield, who are you now more likely to take it to?

Bucky

Comment

All true, but still its uncommon and a welcome change from the norm in this day & age which usually involves some kid holding his pants up with one hand while attempting his job with the other and when you ask a question he says "huh? - dunno..."

I say if they are smart enough and proactive enough to give away a pickle then they WILL get my return business. Its all about relationships!
        1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
        1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
        1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
        2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Working...
        X