Best seats to replace stock bench in Powerwagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best seats to replace stock bench in Powerwagon

My 76 crew cab has the original bench seats that have been reupholstered in black vinyl. They look pretty nice, but I do alot of longer drives 6hrs+ around BC and have decided I really need some better seats, at least for the front. I am wondering if any of you other 72-93 dodge truck owners have upgraded your seats and what you have used? Will captains chairs from a fullsize conversion van fit? I Would love to get some big comfortable seats that recline.

Any ideas?

l personally like the mid80,to90,s DAYTONA turbo seats / they have the side bolsters and recline as well as flip forwards and there real comfeeey

Comment

Hey Dodgeboys, thanks for the reply. Do you happen to have any pics of these seats installed in a powerwagon?

Comment

I don't think the captain's chairs would fit. They would be way too tall. If you look at the floor under your bench it has a built in riser the seat bolts to. I did see a custom 'Lil Red at a local cruise-in that had some very nice buckets from Industrial Seating.

Comment

seats

The high back bucket seats and center console from a Ramcharger SE would fit your truck and look great.

Comment

I had a 79 Adventurer club cab that had front buckets & a center console, very similar to a ramcharger. You might want to start looking a club cabs for possible seats. 2wd trucks would be more common. I think adventurer package is what had buckets. Buckets became more common in the 88-93 club cabs.

Bucky

Comment

I did the Ramcharger seat thing in my Crew.You have to adapt the base to work as the CC floor is flat and the Ramchargers and clubcab floors kick up right under the front seat edge.I then went to the "Little Red Express"bucket/console setup.Again I had to fab brackets but the seat frame on these is all one piece.Looked really trick,fit the Big Block truck theme and were very comfortable.Plus getting new covers and foam is easy(but pricey)

Comment

I bought front and rear seats from an 08 Dodge crew cab for my 74 crew cab. They were a little pricey, but fit well and now I have power heated seats with lumbar support. Cant get much better than that.

Comment

What did you pay for those hemibob?. I've been pondering the modern upgrade.............heated seats are nice.
                  David

Comment

Working...
                  X