'75 Heater Resistor??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '75 Heater Resistor??

Guys, I am in the process of re-wiring my ’75 crew cab power wagon. I thank you all for hooking me up with the thread to find a NOS wiring harness.

Unfortunately, the previous owner(s) of my ‘wagon were the electrical genius types who spliced with electrical tape and many many crimp connectors, so I am still short some of the electrical system.

Right now I am in the process of trying to get the AC & Heater system back to stock.

Looking at the schematic I need to connect the blower motor to the heater resistor.

Can anyone tell me where the heater resistor was located in ’75 on my truck?

If someone has a photo of one mounted I would really appreciate that a lot.

Also, when I go to Rock Auto & Napa I cannot find a replacement heater resistor part listed.

Anyone know where I can score a replacement heater resistor?

I had a question about that also. Don't recall if I figured it out but it looks like it is part of the heater control/ fan switch. If you don't get anywhere by tomorrow I'll take another look and let you know.
    David

Comment

Heater resistor should be up under dash (passenger side) on the heater assembly unit, held in with too small bolts (1/4"). A wire connector with 3-5 wires should plug into it. The wires come from the blower switch & heater control assembly & go to the blower motor.

Bucky

Comment

Found it

Believe is or not, for this one issue the Haynes manuel I have is better than the factory manuel. They show a picture of the resistor. Now I need to find what the value of the resistor should be.

Interesting that I have a Haynes manuel, Factory service manuel, and a wiring schematic made from a tear down by a buddy of mine, and all three have different color wiring on the various sub-harnesses.

Oh well, keeping me entertained.

Thanks again all.

Comment

Working...
        X