84 crew 1 ton sht bed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 84 crew 1 ton sht bed

I found a 1 ton short bed crew on line,1984, they don't show if dually or not.
    I've never seen either dually or single short bed crew in a 1 ton, is this an oddity or what? it looks all orig.?
    9hr drive to get so any help is great.
    Andy

It will be a single rear wheel......Never seen a dually with 6.5' bed

I believe most all the 4x4 crews of the lifestyle era were classified a W200 & were short beds (I said most, not all).

2wd crews were generally D300 designation & long beds. Came dually & SRW.

Bucky

Comment

so it should be; single,sht bed,1 ton, crew,4x4. It also does not look to be ex-miltary or forestry- just Joe citizen truck-? 1 ton? that keeps throwing me off.
      thanx
      awesome,I hope.

Comment

These became more purchased (new) by the public as time went on. Yes most crews in 60's & 70's had military/utilitarian original ownership.

Can you inquire about the VIN? That'll determine whether it's a 1-ton or not.
        If 4x4, I'd bet its a W200 series (3/4 ton).

Whereabout is it located? Just curious.

Bucky

Comment

vin

Originally posted by 712edf View Post
          These became more purchased (new) by the public as time went on. Yes most crews in 60's & 70's had military/utilitarian original ownership.

Can you inquire about the VIN? That'll determine whether it's a 1-ton or not.
          If 4x4, I'd bet its a W200 series (3/4 ton).

Whereabout is it located? Just curious.

Bucky
          good thinkin' I'l post info as I get it .
          rather not say where it is as I've been looking for along time but, not near u,if the deal dosen't happen i will post 4 others to jump on it.
          thanx 4 all helping

Comment

crew cabs

Starting in 1981, the 4x4 crew cabs were one ton (W350's) with single rear wheels. All are short beds. The two wheel drive crew cabs came in short or long bed configuration, with the long beds being D350's, and the short beds were D250's. Dual rear wheels were only optional on the long bed D350 (2 wheel drive) models.

Comment

The '84 crew I just bought is a W350 Custom shortbed. It is a competely civilian model, as it has all the bells and whistles.

Mac

Comment

l have a 1985 1 ton CREW W350 short bed

Comment

I stand corrected....When Dodge went from 200 & 300 to 250/350 I guess the crew cab 4x4's became W350's ( no longer W200).

Comment

why,guys,why,?

why when someone ads a truck of my dreams only replys once...then nothing..2 wks....my q's and pics etc.nothing.
                    do people really list stuff they don't want to sell or what?[not on this site ]
                    And Gordon, I will be subscribing if I ever get to buy another Dodge but rust free crews and clubs are in deed few and frustrating to find with in 9\10 hr drive of Calgary.. that's not unreasonable I don't think.
                    eeerrrhhh!
                    me keep trying, thanx, needed to vent

unless Gordon has an alter ford taurus site 'cause that's what I've been driving and I think my Johnson has gottin smaller 'cause of it.
                    eeerrrhhh!
                    thank Goodness I have my Valkryie {google it, u'll get it} to peel off on now and then or I may lose my mind ,but she won't do me much good 'come hunting season..
                    thanx
                    Andy

Comment

The W350 crews of that time had a nice drive train too. 4-speed is NP435 with dual PTO ports, transfer case is married NP205, axles are Dana 60 front and rear.

Comment

Don, that is exactly how mine is setup.

Mac

Comment

Prospector

the badges on the truck i'm looking at are Prospector edition, does that make sense also. and it is standard transmission, btw,435 i guess

Comment

Originally posted by Don Williams View Post
                            The W350 crews of that time had a nice drive train too. 4-speed is NP435 with dual PTO ports, transfer case is married NP205, axles are Dana 60 front and rear.
                            my 85 Crew has a dana 70 rear

Comment

prospector trim ?

Originally posted by Andyp View Post
                              the badges on the truck i'm looking at are Prospector edition, does that make sense also. and it is standard transmission, btw,435 i guess
                              So what's the diff between the Prospector ? I've had Royal LE,SE, and Customs but not a Prospector. Is it trim, options,power train, or just another name ?

Comment

Working...
                              X