tire question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tire question

what brand and size tire do you use on your truck(s)?
    I am looking around for a set, I currently have 235/75r15's on the 91 which it had when I bought it, door frame says to use 235/75r15XL.
    It currently has Michellin XW4's on it. I like to see what other folks are using. Thanks DB69

the XL on the door stick means you have the TOW package and the XL means Xtra load tires

Comment

I got some decent tires on sale at Discount Tire in South Bend got all 5 new tires mounted, balanced for $440.00 with a 65,000 tread life. also got road hazard warranty on all 5 as well for that price
      I also got 4 new shocks for the 91 D150 from NAPA and am having them installed this week (I can't install them due to my broken hand from being in a car wreck a month ago)
      I can't wait to go to Ron in Indiana's on May 15 and 16!
      DB69

Comment

Years ago I transplanted a set of Firestone Wilderness AT's from another truck onto the 880. They lasted for seven years (maybe 20K miles), wore great, great in the mud and snow, good in the rain. I'd also recommend the BFG All Terrain's and the BFG Trail Terrains. Both have nice meaty sidewalls and wear like stone but watch the rain. Hard tires don't usually do well in the rain. I had some scary's with the All Terrains on my Avalanche in the rain.

Comment

Working...
        X