speedometer cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speedometer cable

my speedometer hasn't worked since I got the truck (1979 w150 with a 360) so today I noticed it was unplugged from the back of the speedo plugged it back in still nothing so i decided to check the end coming off of the t-case. There was a tiny little gearbox between the cable and the t-case so I pulled it out to make sure it was working it wasn't so i disassembled it and put a gear back on one of the shafts and put it back together. I was just wondering do all of these trucks have that little speedo correction box or did somebody put it on later try as I might i couldn't get enough slack to go straight to the t-case.

Does it look like this?

http://www.imperialservices.net/Impe...ck%20Parts.htm

Scroll to the bottom of the page. My 72 205 divorced case had a little speedo adapter box between t-case & cable similar/identical maybe to the last one. I remember it was made by Stewart-Warner.

Have seen this on any later married t-cases or transmissions.

Bucky

Comment

that is exactly it so there is a chance it was on there from the factory since it seemed like there wouldn't be enough slack to get the cable to hook up directly

Comment

Ok finally got a chance to drive it around a little and the speedo is working just gotta pace it and see if it is off the case on the box i have is plastic and cracked so I am pretty sure it won't hold together for long but now at least I know were to get a replacement

Comment

Link

712edf,
          Thanks for that link, there's stuff on that site that I will be needing.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumJo View Post
            712edf,
            Thanks for that link, there's stuff on that site that I will be needing.
            Its ironic, somebody posted that link on one of the sweptline sites about a day before I saw this thread. I just remembered seeing it there & went back & copied it. I had one of those speedo gizmos on one of my trucks.

Bucky

Comment

Working...
            X