Need carb. Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need carb. Help please

hi, i have a 1976 dodge warlock power wagon with 440 and 4 speed and i live in Calif. and i just tried to smog my truck that has a holly on it and they say i have to have a stock carb. or a citified replacement....does any one know where i can get one or the other? a rebuilt 650CMF thermo quad or a 650CMF to 770 CMF replacement carburetor that has something that says its a replacement for the thermoquad?.....oh and it has to have a choke also.....i have been looking all over with no luck.i tried jegs,summit racing, ect...a lot of stores and e-bay,craigslist,ect....all the junk yards for a 100 miles around.....(any help please)

wow how old does a car have to be out there to get around smog certification

Comment

pre smog 74/75

almost positive its 74 smog exempt

Comment

Carter Carb

$250.00

www.rockauto.com

Comment

Originally posted by 74w300uteline View Post
          almost positive its 74 smog exempt
          YEA in calif. its 1975 and under is exempt and i have a 1976 so its crazy stuff here on my truck is a holly carb. and they would not pass it....

Comment

Originally posted by Renedy View Post
            "WOW" they had one and i ordered it, i had been looking for 3 days i think i just did not look in the right place...thank you for the lead....

Comment

Setup

Let me know if the carb comes in setup and ready to go out of the box or if you need to dial it in.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Renedy View Post
                Let me know if the carb comes in setup and ready to go out of the box or if you need to dial it in.

Thanks
                OK when i recive it, i'll get back to you...........

Comment

Although my reply is a bit late another source for TQ's is from Demon Sizzler's ThermoQuad Connection http://www.thermoquads.com/

Comment

My reply is late also but a little bit of FYI. Holley was an OEM supplier in some cases and also made OEM equivalent replacement carbs in addition to performance type carbs. If you get the list number off of the air horn it could be determined which one you have.

Comment

well i ended up with a 850 cfm Rochester carb. and i have been driving my truck every day to work,starts right up 1st click but if i let it set for moore than 3 days the float bowel goes empty and truck will not start without me priming it....checked everything out and no leaks ...should the gas stay in the float bowel ? and i think im also losing the prime in the carb.

Comment

If the Bowl's are going empty you have a leak somewhere in the line and it's sucking air

Comment

Originally posted by simplysmn View Post
                          If the Bowl's are going empty you have a leak somewhere in the line and it's sucking air
                          i have looked over the whole line from tank to float bowel and i don't see a leak or signs of any leakage and there are just a few places where its joined together ...is there a way of checking the line for leaks that i don't know of ?? ( thank you for your input )

Comment

Maybe try pressurizing the tank and look for air leak's ?

Comment

Originally posted by simplysmn View Post
                              Maybe try pressurizing the tank and look for air leak's ?
                              ok i'll try that.....thanks for the idea...

Comment

Working...
                              X