first minor breakdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first minor breakdown

we have been using the power wagon(1979 w150 with a 360 and a 727)for short trips and christy has even driven it to work I would drive it to work but have to leave before light and still no tail lights. Anyway had to work half a day of overtime today and when I got home it was to wet to work on leveling the new trailer so we decided to make a beer run and then do some cleaning up around the yard. The corner store is only about 2 miles away so on the way back decided to open her up a little and see what would happen well long story short on the last dip before our road I eased out of the throttle and wham the whole truck started shaking and making a thunka thunka noise now Christy looked at me and asked what was that I was pretty sure what it was, a universal joint, but didn't wanna speculate so we eased into the driveway and parked. I immediately went over to the check the drive shafts and sure enough lost a cup off of the front shaft at the diff so called Oreilys and they think they have em in stock. So when I get there they got every u-joint in the place out on the counter we finally figured out the right one got home pressed it in and we good to go, now I know what that clunking sound was when putting it into gear should have known what it was I destroyed a bunch of u-joints back in my lowrider days lol. Sorry for the long read but I just had a blast crawling around under the truck and actually accomplished something plus got a passenger window crank in the deal.

Best place to break down is in the driveway!
    1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
    1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
    1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
    2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

2nd best place to break down is in a friend's driveway who shares common interests, tools, and mechanical abilities.

Comment

ya i hear that I just love working on cars especially when something is accomplished, also love the trail fix mentality since some have accused me of having a redder neck than average, I just can't believe that I paid machine shops to press in u-joints back in the day I don't remember how many I went through on my lowered s-10 but it was more than four and less than ten

Comment

Another good place(time) to break down is at the dealer/seller before the test drive. That price just tumbles then!

Bucky

Comment

Working...
          X