91 crew cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91 crew cab

If anyones interested, theres a 91 crew cab dually 2wd on ebay for sale. Looks to be in decent shape.

1991 crew, from the factory?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1991-...item414ee5cc2f

I have always heard & believed that no crew cabs were built after 1985. I would have to visually inspect this one if I were an interested buyer. Not that I feel there is anything wrong with this truck, but why would the factory build "one" of a body style that was discontinued 6 yrs earlier. I feel this is probably a conversion. Again not saying that its not as good, might even be better. I just can't see this rig rolling off of the assembly line as a crew cab.

Thanks for posting, too bad its not a 4x4.

Bucky

Comment

defintely not factory built. Last crew cab was '85, first cummins diesel was '89. Probably factory ca and doors, but definitely not interior. I have 2, 1 repowered with cummins and 1 awaiting rebuild. Good potental though!

Comment

Which letter or # in the vin would tell what cab it was from the factory?

Comment

the 7th digit, I think.

I will look into breaking the VIN down.

Bucky

Comment

Ok the VIN on this truck starts out 1B7ME36C8MS

The seventh digit is body type. I looked at dozens of 1980-1993 VIN's

For 1991 all regular cabs show a 6 for the body digit, which this truck does as well.

For 1991 all club cabs show a 3 for the body digit....

Regular cabs in 85-88 show a 4 for the body digit....

I'd like for some of you 81-85 crew cab guys to chime in & say what the 7th digit of your VIN is. Pre-1981 doesn't count since that was the old 13 digit VIN numbering system.

Bucky

Comment

heres what the VIN # says

You entered the VIN Number: 1B7ME36C8MS343882

1 Country of Origin USA
              B Make Dodge
              7 Type of Vehicle Truck
              M GVWR 10001-14000#
              E Truck Line 2wd
              3 Series 350 or 3500 for 94 & later or 3500 less dual rear wheels
              6 Body Crew Cab or Conventional Cab for 90 & later
              C Engine Intercooled 5.9L 6 Cyl. Diesel (Cummins) for 93 & Earlier or 5.9L 6 Cyl. Turbo Diesel High Output
              8 VIN Verification
              M Model Year 91
              S Assembly Plant Warren Main Plant or Dodge City for 88 & later
              343882 Sequential Serial Number

Comment

to me it looks like the owner took advantage of # 6 and used a 85 crew cab to make it because it says convential cab after 1990

Comment

Working...
                X