Your trucks, projects, repairs, & modifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your trucks, projects, repairs, & modifications

I am interested in running articles on the 1972-1993 Dodge 4-wheel drive trucks. As mentioned in another thread, this also includes the Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster vehicles.

I have had many people say to me, "I am not a writer."

They are afraid to write something for fear it will not look good enough, not be good enough. My response to that is to say many of the folks who submit articles tell me the very same thing.

"I don't want to look foolish," one guy wrote to me.

No one will ever look foolish in a published article.

I am the editor of the magazine. I spend time with materials submitted, reviewing and editing, massaging them here and there. There may be some spelling errors, there may be grammatical errors, or other issues.

I will not remove your conversational style; I will leave you intact. Trust me — don't be afraid. Your material will look good.

All of these folks who tell me they are not writers..... they all have stories to tell. Stories about their modifications, their repair projects, their restoration projects. More stories about how they use their trucks. High resolution digital images are important.

Just tell me your story so I can share it with readers of the magazine. It is obvious from this forum there is much excitement about the 1972-1993 Dodges. Spread that excitement to others.

If you have questions, post them here or write to me at the contact us link below.

Thank you.....
    Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

What Gordon said and more. Trust the man he knows of what he speaks. If you can say you can write it. I've written and had published 3 different pieces which is cool in and of itself. Write it down then have someone proofread it, your wife, your kid, your buddy and get their opinion. That's what I did do make sure I was getting across what I was trying to say. With a technical article a friend can read it to see if all the points are clear. By writing your story on computer you should have spell check and it's easy to proof out mistakes or change things around. If you are even thinking about a piece go for it. There is something special about opening the PWA and seeing your name and story in print. How many people do you know who have had articles published in an magazine with world wide distribution? Just one more thing you can check off your bucket list. I have a 75 W 200 CC that I will be working on soon and I will be writing a story about the process of restoring it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron in Indiana View Post
      What Gordon said and more. Trust the man he knows of what he speaks. If you can say you can write it. I've written and had published 3 different pieces which is cool in and of itself. Write it down then have someone proofread it, your wife, your kid, your buddy and get their opinion. That's what I did do make sure I was getting across what I was trying to say. With a technical article a friend can read it to see if all the points are clear. By writing your story on computer you should have spell check and it's easy to proof out mistakes or change things around. If you are even thinking about a piece go for it. There is something special about opening the PWA and seeing your name and story in print. How many people do you know who have had articles published in an magazine with world wide distribution? Just one more thing you can check off your bucket list. I have a 75 W 200 CC that I will be working on soon and I will be writing a story about the process of restoring it.

Wonderful!

Comment

I have a 74 crew cab that if you would like to use I would be happy to write something up for you. I have a few pictures up in the picture section if you would like to take a look and see if it worthy of your article.

Comment

It's easy to see the value in other people's writing and experiences however when it comes to our own it's to easy to think that it may not be interesting enough to bother writing about it. Y our experience involving a Dodge truck will be interesting and you might be surprised at how many people can relate to these stories.

I started on the makeover of my 1985 Dodge that my son and I have owned for the last 6 years. I am drawing up a concept and plan on doing some radical paint work on this one. The plan is to document the whole thing and submit it to Gordon for his magical "editing" touch.

I agree with Ron about the bucket list and if it's not on your bucket list put it at the very top and write the story already! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoppy View Post
            I have a 74 crew cab that if you would like to use I would be happy to write something up for you. I have a few pictures up in the picture section if you would like to take a look and see if it worthy of your article.
            Yes, please do! It is a great looking truck. When you send me photos I want the highest resolution images you have.

Comment

Working...
            X