• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pop top ramchargers

anybody own a convertible Ramcharger.

l,ve had plenty and my last one my good friend has / whatcha need to know

Comment

Well ...hmmmm...uh.. I...aaa..I kinda uh.....just bought one

1980 360 auto 6 inch lift big ole fat tires. in my defense, if this thing is half as much fun as it looks, I'll be satisfied.
      I have heard that the rollbars are tough to find but necessary/ beneficial for added sidewall support. Is that true?

Comment

will she be in VT?....Border Patrol II.....

Comment

doubtfull for VT

hey kev, what no lecture on having too many rust buckets already? all i was after with this truck was the pop top feature. roof has never been removed ( I'll believe that when I see it) trucks been owned buy some kid who added all sorts of aftermarket performance modifications. shiney carbs, fuel pumps, fancy aluminum rims, chrome skull on the gear selector. Mark D from nj is fetching it as we speak. maybe he will chime in with details.

Comment

ABSOLUTELY donot remove the roof if the rockers or floors have one spot of rust / you will never get it back on / also leave the tail gate on with a rachet strap from quarter to quarter to keep them from flapping in the wind

Comment

your killing me. =)

then I guess the rollbar issue, is an old wives tale. what a relief! those rollbars are hard to find.
              next rumor to be debunked; dodge changed floor designs, so not all ramcharger rollbars are the same even if you could find one.

74w300flappyline.
              still lauhging
              Last edited by 74w300uteline; 07-16-2010, 03:05 PM. Reason: still laughing

Comment

hold on

what if i put unbalanced crummy rear tires that caused the rear to flap around and counteract the flapping sidewalls. kinda cancel each other out? would i still need the strap?

Comment

My brother has 3 and my dad has my old one. All have pop tops and a couple have the roll bar. My brother has a soft top for his driver.
                  1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
                  1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
                  1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
                  2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

I have had two Traildusters, (the Plymouth version), both with the removable tops. I never took the tops off ,for fear of creating leaks when I tried to reinstall them. One of mine was an early 74 model. It had the first version of the door/top seals, which did not last long in the production run. This early type did not have a frame around the door window when you took off the top. My second one was a 75 model and it had the modified door/top seals, the ones that were used until the end of production of the removable top models. This version had a frame around the door window when the top was removed.
                    They were fun vehicles, but very prone to rot.
                    Jeff

Comment

photos

1980 with 70's grinn and birdbath hood
                      Attached Files

Comment

what carb to use? paint color selected.

1980 360 auto. The shiney carb she came with is shot. will mostly be used as a mall crawler.
                        paint color 1970 dodge butterscotch AKA plymouth bahama yellow. going to attempt high density foam roller job. wife dont know about this one yet, but I have found that wife reacts much better when the new arrivals are one consistant color.

Comment

good news every thing looks good except carb

mechanic says "both lifts were done correctly, brakes and lines recent done, all fluids fine, tranny fine, no signs of abuse, looks like somebody put her back together right and ran out of interest, time or money". previous owner was losing his storage/ parking spot.

I have purchased some mint 70's wild color striped high back seats. 2 buckets 1 bench. So ugly, they're beautiful. still seeking transport of seats from southern missouri to nyc area. Mr. Tom Petroff isn't that your neck of the woods?.

Comment

Heck, I could have hauled it for you a month or so ago, if I had known you needed a haul. I was looking for a good reason to head east. However, now, I am too busy to get away to do a haul like that.
                            Looks like a nice project.
                            Jeff

Comment

jeff seat haul

I'm holding off on shipping these seats untill I can find someone like you, that I can trust to haul them. these things are so funky looking I'm afraid some stranger may steal them. I may wind up having to go with a commercial insured shipper. I would prefer to keep the money in the power wagon family so to speak. I dont have a lot of connections in the missouri area. something will work out, always does

Comment

Working...
                              X