Will '74 PW parts swap in an '85?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will '74 PW parts swap in an '85?

I'm selling my '74 PW CC parts truck..360, 4 spd, NP 205, lockouts, D44/60. I had a fellow call me about it and was wondering if the axle would swap into his '85 4x4. I told him I wasn't sure if it would and that if it did, he may have to swap the 205 and 4 spd along with it...OR can he just swap out the front axle assuming his is a D44 too? His truck also has a 360, which brings me to another question...are the old 360's a direct swap for the 80's 360's?
    I told I ask around and get back to him ASAP, so I'd appreciate any light you can shed.
    TIA!!
    Craig

axle swap

You may want to make him aware that the '74 axle has drum brakes, not disc like his '85. He can just swap the axle without swapping the transfer case. The engines are a direct swap, but he may need all the smog controls off of his '85 engine to stay street legal.

Comment

Are you parting out this truck? If so does it have power steering? I need the whole setup if you do.

Comment

the frontend 1974 will absolutely NOT fit in the 1985 truck / the 74 truck have a divorced t-case and the frontend has a LOW pinion angle / the 85 has a married t-case and a HIGHER pinion angle / l tried this swap 20 years ago and it didnt work then / you would hafta cut and turn the knuckles and mill the spring pads

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. It does have PS, but I'm probably going to swap it for my truck.
          Craig

Comment

Working...
          X