Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '74 W200 Brakes

I need some help/advice...

I have a "74 W200 Club Cab and it has drum brakes all the way around. Is there an easy swap to at least put disks in the front if not all the way around? If so is it strong enough for towing and grades? Or should I just fix my drums and be happy with what I have?

Thanks

The very next year the dana 44 had disks. Not sure if the ratios are the same or not. Not sure if its a dirrect swap or not so I guess I'm not much help. But I know that '74s are supposed to be the holy grail due to divorced transfer cases and a heavy duty front axle...
    1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
    1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
    1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
    2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Yes the 75's had disk, but that was also a fulltime axle. Jump to about an 81 model Dana 44 to get front disks & selectable lockers. After 84 you have CAD axles.

Bucky

Comment

So '75 was the first year for full time then?
        1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
        1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
        1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
        2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Originally posted by KRB64 View Post
          So '75 was the first year for full time then?
          In pick-ups, yes....I believe the 74 Ramcharger/Trailduster introduced the New Process 203 full-time transfer case within the Dodge camp. Along with it came the disk braked full-time Dana 44-FBJ axle which could NOT be disengaged. Dodge remained full-time until 1981. GM & Ford also offered full-time during this era, but they retained a part-time option during these years. Dodge didn't.

Bucky

Comment

you can use 1981 to 93 from the ball joints out to convert yours to disc and on the rear you would hafta get the TSM rear disc kit

NOTE / it does not matter weather its a CAD axle or not / your only use,in the knuckles - spud shafts - spindles and caliper brackets with calipers and the lock out hubs

Comment

Working...
            X