No announcement yet.

72 w200 dana 44 to 60 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put a divorced t-case where a married one once resided. I didn't notice any front pinion angle issues, but this was a ranch truck....Not an interstate cruiser.

2X1972, are you still looking for a Dana 60 front? I'm parting out my W200 looks like. My 60 is 4.10 ratio.

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by 712edf View Post
      I think the hubs from a W300/W350 will have spacers for the dually style wheel. Unless you get one off of a SRW W350.
      Bucky

1) Why are you wanting to switch axles? Breakage issues?
      2) The dually front end will have an adapter to counter the rim offset. You can change this stuff out, I am unsure of the process but know it can be done.
      3) If your truck has disc brakes now then you shouldn't have to change any of the hoses or hardware.
      4) The end on the drag link MAY be different, I don't know.
      5) It isn't complicated and I don't want to scare you by any means.
      6) The CAD axles can be locked permanently but they have a weekness I've heard, research will confirm or deny this.

Comment

Originally posted by 712edf View Post
        I put a divorced t-case where a married one once resided. I didn't notice any front pinion angle issues, but this was a ranch truck....Not an interstate cruiser.

2X1972, are you still looking for a Dana 60 front? I'm parting out my W200 looks like. My 60 is 4.10 ratio.

Bucky
        Why didn't you have that for sale when I was in Texas? = )

Comment

Originally posted by greg rider View Post
          6) The CAD axles can be locked permanently but they have a weekness I've heard, research will confirm or deny this.
          They are weaker because the axle housing is two piece and the axles shaft is two piece (with a sliding engagement collar), however I easily installed a one piece axle and (not so easily) installed a one piece axle tube, to eliminate the CAD portion of the axle.

Comment

Originally posted by MoparNorm View Post
            Why didn't you have that for sale when I was in Texas? = )
            I dunno. Probably because I hadn't yet found a W500 or W600. Now that I have, the kiddie trucks are going bye-bye.

Bucky

Comment

hey 712edf I noticed when i was lookin back at my old thread you are in wichita falls. Im at sheppard for af tech school till the beginning of april and was wonderin if ya wanna meet up and talk dodges sometime... I sure do miss mine, been seperated for 5 months now :(

Comment

Working...
              X