Mpg's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mpg's

HI, i have a question for all people, my mpg is a 9mpg, the problem is my power ram is my dd, how i can gain more MPG? the specs dodge 360 2 barrel, automatic transsmision is a w150.
    thanks

The two things I did to increase mileage was to put on a 4 bbl carb. An Edelbrock 1406 is a good choice. That's what I use and a number of guys here have them. The second thing is to use a tonneau cover. While driving, I see the wind or draft off the truck hits to cover about a foot ahead of the tailgate, which I feel is probably the worst place due to the tailgate acting as a dam. If you run with the gate off, I suppose that's fine too. My point is, you have to flow the air somehow with either a cover or pull the gate off. If you have full time 4 wheel drive and don't need it, you may want to pull the front shaft and make it 2 wheel drive. Right now my setup is bone stock except the carb and am running 14 mpg.

Hope this helps,
    Craig

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the info, tomorrow i removed the tail gate, i have a holley 4 barrel, ready to put, i driver in 2h. but i need a hubs, because i have the vacuum actuator. i try to build a fuel cell :p. and want replace the stock coil for a msd coil. thanks for the help, and sorry for my english i from tijuana mexico.

Comment

Working...
      X