Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 1978 W150

Howdy to all.

I just purchased a 1978 Adventurer 150, with 67K original miles. It is in pretty good shape, except for the front drip rail of course.

This vehicle is mechanically all original, but I do not know how to determine what gearing it has. I have the 318 and I am assuming it is the 727 tranny, but other than that, I have no idea.

I have tried to find specs for this model, but am coming up empty. Can anyone point me in the right direction for this information, or maybe fill in the blanks? Thanks!

Engine: 318 ci
    Transmission: 727
    Transfer:
    Rear-end: 9.25?
    Gearing:

The rear end may have a tag on one of the differential cover bolts identifying the ratio. If not you could jack the truck up in neutral, and mark the drive shaft where it is convenient to see, and also mark the top of the tire. Turn the tire one complete revolution, and count the number of turn the drive shaft makes. As for the transfer case, if you have HI LOC, HI, N, LO, LO LOC on the shifter knob, and no locking hubs in the front, It is a NP203. As for the rear axle ID try http://www.dippy.org/forum2/index.php/topic,189.0.html
    hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by 78clubcab View Post
      The rear end may have a tag on one of the differential cover bolts identifying the ratio. If not you could jack the truck up in neutral, and mark the drive shaft where it is convenient to see, and also mark the top of the tire. Turn the tire one complete revolution, and count the number of turn the drive shaft makes. As for the transfer case, if you have HI LOC, HI, N, LO, LO LOC on the shifter knob, and no locking hubs in the front, It is a NP203. As for the rear axle ID try http://www.dippy.org/forum2/index.php/topic,189.0.html
      hope this helps!
      Outstanding! Thanks a lot. I do have the NP203 then. Is that a good one? I will also try the wheel turning trick.

Comment

Working...
      X