Length of an 85 W350 crew cab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Length of an 85 W350 crew cab?

Need to rent a storage spot for my soon to be delivered crewcab for the sake of domestic tranquility.(No new projects till her Jeep is done she says).Would a 10x20 be ok? I would think so but just wanted to double check.

dont think so

wide ok, length no good.

Comment

I have a 78 w200 club cab long bed (exact same wheelbase as yours, 149") with a LU-2 winch...... Mine fits in my dad's shop, but trouble is I can't recall the shop's dimensions (20,22,24?).

So 20' might not be long enough. Also be aware of a storage thats tall enough (at the door).

Nothing a tape measure can't figure out.

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by Madbodhi View Post
        Need to rent a storage spot for my soon to be delivered crewcab for the sake of domestic tranquility.(No new projects till her Jeep is done she says).Would a 10x20 be ok? I would think so but just wanted to double check.
        This wouldn't happen to be one of the GSA crews would it?

Bucky

Comment

Crew Cab length

The 10x20 storage space will be fine. The truck is approximately 19 feet long at the most with standard (non-winch) bumpers.

Comment

storage door?

Its going to be tight. five bucks says he won't be able to pull the door all the way down. place your bets. I can only cover four bets because I'm not that confident that I'm right. we're going to need photos for payouts.

Comment

Not one of GSA's.I did bid on them but no joy.This one was local,no engine,tranny or front clip but rust free and 900 bucks.The guy was going to do a cummins swap and a 93 front clip.Sold the original parts off but lost interest and put the cummins in his Ford instead.The storage area is moot at any rate.I have a friend who's letting me park it for the winter behind his barn.I'll post up pics when I get it on Sunday.I'll likely be bugging the **** out of you guys with lots of questions (; My wife will be kept completely out of the loop on this one (I hope),till her Jeep is done.Some would call it dishonest,I call it self-preservation.She's Midwest farm girl,not the kind of girl you purposely **** off.Ever.

Comment

I'm single so I can't & won't offer any advice as pertain to your wife.

But you will find alot of good information about the truck right here.

I believe the original engine would have been a 360 with a Rochester 4 barrel carb good for maybe 160-180 net hp. Original t-case I think would have been married NP205. Axles are most likely both Dana 60's with 4:10 gears.

Bucky

Comment

Madbodhi,
                  I read elsewhere that you were wondering the availablilty yrs of 435/married 205 combos.

I think 1980 to about 88. Any 80 model should do, but after that mainly W350 1-tons. Some W250's had the 205.

I wouldn't recommend tampering with a 2wd 435, or any non Dodge version of either the 435 or the 205. Just too many little spline count variations to consider. It can be done, but what you are hunting is already out there in some junk yard.

Bucky

Comment

Working...
                  X