Forum for non 4x4 72-93 Dodges?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum for non 4x4 72-93 Dodges?

The title says it all, is there an appropriate forum for a non 4x4 72-93 Dodge truck?

Thanks,

vince

There is not a specific forum for them, but if you ask nicely either here or in the Back Room forum you will likely get a polite, correct & informational answer. Other than the missing t-case/drive shaft, they aren't greatly different & still considered a Dodge...... Unlike the 2011 models.

What would you like to know?

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by vince View Post
      The title says it all, is there an appropriate forum for a non 4x4 72-93 Dodge truck?

Thanks,

vince
      Please feel perfectly free to ask questions about your two wheel drive Dodge. Most of the truck is just the same, and you are part of the fraternity.....
      Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

sure we'll help

you convert that 2 wheeler to a 4 wheeler. Smart bunch of guys here always willing to help. Beware the good natured ribbing that you may encounter. Its a sign of acceptance.

I started here years back with no automotive experience Zero. With the guidance and encouragement of forum members I have steadily progressed to oil change, spark plugs, dissemble parts truck, and recently completed a full drive line lube on all my trucks.

One of the invaluable aspects of this forum is that the members are aware of my limited experience and take the time to point out potentially dangerous or $ costly situations that should be common knowledge, but in my case are not.

Subscribe to the Magazine, there is a lot of info on the forum that non subscribers cant access.

welcome.

where are you located?

Comment

Thanks, guys.

I wasn't sure if there was another forum that might be more frequented by the 2wd folks...

Tomorrow I'm going to take a look at a '76 Dodge Camper Special. From the pictures it looks pretty stock and well-preserved, but may have some rust in the usual places. I have plenty of vehicles to play with, but find that it would be nice to have a pickup truck to haul things I need for my house. 4x4 is cool (had a '73 Ford E300 Pathfinder Quadravan), but also more expensive; reality is that I live in the flatlands of IL, and the truck will spend most of it's time on pavement.

But I've already thought about how tough it would be to make it into a 4x4...something to think about.

Since I've had a few old Dodges in the past ('41 WC-22, '41 WC-10 Carryall, '63 W200) and currently have a '62 C500 project, it's only natural to look at old Dodges first. Since the truck won't be a daily driver and I'm used to doing most of my own work for 20+ years, it's a great excuse to give a home to an older truck worth saving.

vince

Comment

We like two wheel drive truck, too. In fact, sometimes I think a 1-ton, two wheel drive, with a flatbed would be a really great thing to own.

I also want a dump truck....
            Power Wagon Advertiser monthly magazine, editor & publisher.

Why is it that the inside of old truck cabs smell so good?

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
              We like two wheel drive truck, too. In fact, sometimes I think a 1-ton, two wheel drive, with a flatbed would be a really great thing to own.

I also want a dump truck....
              Yep,just got back from the scrapyard with the dump,handy.Now if the kid would just get home from school with the one ton.

Comment

Working...
              X