Dodge Ram Bedliner Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodge Ram Bedliner Questions

I recently found a Dodge Ram bedliner that fit my '76 D200 in a local junkyard. The piece that covers the tailgate was missing. I'm assuming this is a factory bedliner, not aftermarket. Does any one know if the tailgate cover can be purchased separately from Dodge?

Thanks,

vince
    Big Rock, IL

I am sure you will find what you are looking for in an aftermarket
    store that specializes in stuff for pickups or in JC Whitney's
    catalog or website
    Tom

Comment

No, I can assure you, that it will not be available from a Dodge dealer. In fact, you are not likely to find one at any aftermarket parts supplier either.
      There are some "will fit" tailgate liners available, but you might have to do some modifications to make one work for that truck, and it will not be a perfect match.
      Your best bet, is to get one of the rubber mat type of liners fits on the inside of most any tailgate. Just cut it to fit, and screw it on.
      Jeff

Comment

Tom and Jeff,

Thanks for the responses. Since the truck is very nice and original, I wanted to keep the tailgate cover the same as the bedliner so it looks good. Since the bedliner has Dodge Ram molded into it, I figured it was probably a Mopar piece and not aftermarket. Jeff, it sounds like you've already been down the road I was about to go. I'll look at various options I can find and see how they fit and look.

Again, thanks for the responses!

vince

Comment

Yes, a few years ago, I had a 76, W200. I looked at a lot of sources to see what all I might find in the way of original and aftermarket parts in case I decided to do a full restoration. I was pretty dissapointed to find that very little is available for the 70's model dodge trucks. Seems like the best source of parts for them is at junkyards.
          Jeff

Comment

Working...
          X