steering box question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steering box question

I have a 74 p.w.and I need a new steering box.But This truck has a fulltime dana 44 front so Im pretty sure It aint the original runnjng gear(theres also a sticker in the cab with instructions on the lock out hubs). Do all 75-80 fulltime w100s use the same steering box? My arm is on the left side of the box pointing down so I believe its reverse rotation.I have found several sources for steering boxes but Im not sure What year to order other than rev.rotation. Im not sure what year running gear it is. 74' rear brake shoes wouldnt work so I took my originals and got some for a 77' that worked.
    so I think the whole running gear and t.f. case front to back is not original.any suggestions appeciated.

I have seen both style PS boxes in 70's 4x4 trucks, but the most common had the shaft that came down out of the bottom & the pitman arm ran horizontal (away from frame towards fender opening). Your's sounds like the other type, which may have been a 72-74 thing. Does yours have a bracket between it & the frame?

There was a real good thread on std & rev rotation steering boxes on this forum a couple of years ago. I will try to find it & post a link to it here.

Bucky

Comment

http://www.powerwagonadvertiser.com/...verse+rotation

DODGEBOYS explains it here.

Bucky

Comment

Thanks guys, I have the old reverse rotation type.

Comment

Working...
        X