No announcement yet.

Bigger ALT.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blower motor switch is weak link. I installed relays between switch and resistor. Motor runs faster now and is constant speed. Also installed relays on headlights and they no longer dim at idle.

Have the same Tuff Stuff Alt and Mopar regulator. Does not work any better than stock alt.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Maney View Post
      Is there something else on this vehicle — that we don't know about — drawing current?

It is the standard M880 with blackout lights installed. I also have a Meyers E-47 plow pump, and pig tail for trailer lights. But I don't think they are drawing any current when not being used.

Comment

Originally posted by yogibare143 View Post
        Blower motor switch is weak link. I installed relays between switch and resistor. Motor runs faster now and is constant speed. Also installed relays on headlights and they no longer dim at idle.

Have the same Tuff Stuff Alt and Mopar regulator. Does not work any better than stock alt.
        Something made a positive difference, At this point I suspect it was the new VR. I wont know if the money I spent on the ALT was worth it till I have to plow again. Amp draw on the pump is suppose to be 100-190 AMP. If I don't dead head the pump, the 100 AMP ALT should do a better job of keeping up.

I have been tossing around the idea of putting the headlights on a relay. thinking of doing the low beams and leaving the hi beams go because I hardly ever use them. Is this idea doable ?

Did you use a 30 amp relay for the blower ?

Comment

I used 30 amp relays on blower and headlights. You could use relay only for low beam.

Here is a link for a headlight relay kit:
          http://www.ronfrancis.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HR-58

Comment

Working...
          X