I just bought a crew cab!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whew!

That was quite the trip. Long and very boring. Which was okay with me for the shakeout cruise. We dropped straight south before heading east, instead of a shorter diagonal trip, to avoid most of the blowing snow. We still ran into some, but there was a lot more on the border!
    Some things popped up during the drive, like a noisy u-joint, and almost non-existant shocks at speed. The drip from the upper cab corner got annoying, and I noticed some extra rattles, too.
    But we're all home in one piece, the truck is safely parked out by the garage, and,
    I have a crew cab.

Comment

That's Great!
      All minor details!
      Glad it worked out well.
      TGP
      WDX & Misc. Pics.
      http://www.t137.com/cpg/index.php?cat=10010
      "47" Dodge WDX WW
      "52" Dodge M-37 WW
      "54" Willys M38A1
      "65" Kaiser M35A1 WW
      "77" Chev. K-30 400T,205,4.56 "No-Spin"
      "84" Chev, K-30 Cummins 6-BTA 400,205,3.73Locker
      "86" Chev, M1028A2 (K30) 6.2,400.205,4.56 Locker
      "99" Dodge Durango "Limited Slip"
      "99" Dodge 3500 CTD 4x4"No-Spin"

Comment

Good deal.
        How many miles was that?
        1951 B-3 Delux Cab, Braden Winch, 9.00 Power Kings
        1976 M880, power steering, 7.50x16's, flat bed, lots of rust & dents
        1992 W250 CTD, too many mods to list...
        2005 Jeep KJ CRD

Comment

Alot!

Originally posted by KRB64 View Post
          Good deal.
          How many miles was that?
          Four hundred, give or take a few. I know we made a few U-turns in there to catch a sale or a bite to eat.

Comment

Can't seem to get pics small enough for posting with this new camera.
            I have spent a few moments here and there this weekend playing with this truck. (I have a honeydew list a few months long!)
            It doesn't have a 60 up front. It's a 44. Not much of a disappointment, but I had originally thought that a 12 valve swap would be cheaper with a 60 already there. As it is, if I do that swap, I will probably look for a 61 that has a 3.07 diff anyway. I'm thinking that 3.07's with OD will make for a sweet highway rig.
            The play in the steering is in the box. I've never opened one of those up, so it will be a learning experience for me. I do have two Dakota PS units on the bench, so I will look to see if one of those will be a swap canidate, but the arms look different from memory.
            Better get back to the list...

Comment

Here's some

Oil bath breather. I've never seen one on a 318 before.
              I bought some 16" rims for it, as the 16.5's are hard to shoe these days.
              When they painted this for fire service, they shot everything but the grill and the back bumper. Looks like the yellow will come off easy, as it's already flaking off in a few spots.
              Attached Files

Comment

Changed rims?

does that mean those groovy hubcaps will be going up for sale?

Comment

Sure, I'll sell them.

But look first:
                  Top pic is the only one with the emblem. The rest look like the bottom one, and one of those has some dents in it. The emblem is recessed, not just painted.
                  Attached Files

Comment

adds a touch of class

I've never seen hubcaps on a 4X4. It makes sense on a fulltime since you do not have to lock the hubs.
                    I love the classy look, now I can drive my 75 crewcab Power Wagon to the opera!!

Comment

Originally posted by 74w300uteline View Post
                      I've never seen hubcaps on a 4X4. It makes sense on a fulltime since you do not have to lock the hubs.
                      I love the classy look, now I can drive my 75 crewcab Power Wagon to the opera!!
                      I had factory hubcaps on my 78 Power Wagon. If I remember they were full caps to not just to cover the lug nuts and axles. I'll have to dig up a picture.

Comment

The '76 W200 I just parted had that same air breather and those hubcaps.The really cool Hubcaps are just like those but stainless,I'm one short of a set.

Comment

Working...
                        X