Drove the beast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drove the beast

Drove the truck to work Monday morning. Ran like a champ. I think I got close to double the mileage now because the 2 ton parachute is off the back. The drive is about 45-50 minutes one way. On my way home Tuesday morning I was about 15 minutes from home and it started running like crap. It was stumbling and acted like it was starving for fuel. It stalled about 4 times but would easily restart if I waited about 10 minutes. It would run great for a few then stumble and die. I think I picked up some water in the tank because the roads had a lot of spray and the tank grommet may have let water in. I put some treatment in but haven't run it enough yet to know for sure. It has a half a tank of fuel left. I don't think it is the fuel pump because it would restart and run great for a few minutes then would really stumble and I couldn't keep it running with the throttle. It may also be the coil as I noticed it is in the back of the engine and was getting wet from the cowl area. PS: It rides like an ox cart with square wheels! It is somewhat rougher than my '51 Mack!

a bad coil would act like that / start screwin up when it gets hot and run perfect cold

Comment

Working...
    X